Welcome to the Stetson University Counseling Center’s Online Screening Program. Screenings are available for Depression, Anxiety, Alcohol and Eating Disorders. If the results of any of these screenings suggest further assessment, Stetson University students may call the Counseling Center Monday through Friday 8:00am - 4:30pm to schedule an appointment.
The Counseling Center at Stetson University provides confidential counseling to all currently enrolled students. Counseling is free of charge and there is no limit to the number of counseling sessions a student can receive. Consultation is available to faculty, staff, students, and families who are concerned about a Stetson University student, within the limits of the student’s confidentiality. For our students, we provide individual and couple counseling, crisis intervention, and group counseling. All of our services are confidential. No information is released to any other person or department on campus without the express consent of the student.
We are located on the corner of Bert Fish Road and University Avenue (601 N. Bert Fish Road), behind the Hollis Center Pool, just north of Student Health Services. Our hours are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. daily; we are closed from 12:00 p.m. to 1:00 p.m. for lunch. The Counseling Center is closed for all University holidays. To make an appointment with one of our counselors, you are welcome to stop by the Counseling Center or call us at (386) 822-8900.
In an emergency, and outside of normal business hours, we provide on-call support to the campus. In an emergency, please contact Public Safety at 386-822-7300 and ask to speak to the on-call Counselor.
The following hotlines/numbers are available for crisis intervention:
· Volusia County Mental Health Crisis Line: 1-800-539-4228
· Deland Police Department: (386) 734-1711
· Deland Police Department Victim Advocate: (386) 801-5605 (cell); (386) 740-6879
· Volusia County Sheriff: (386) 736-5999
· Domestic Abuse Hotline: (386) 255-2102
For more information about the Stetson University Counseling Center, please visit the Counseling Center website at http://www.stetson.edu/administration/counseling-center/
- Emergency Information & Hotlines: http://www.stetson.edu/administration/counseling-center/in-case-of-emergency.php
- Resources: http://www.stetson.edu/administration/counseling-center/resources.php
- Faculty/Staff Resources: http://www.stetson.edu/administration/counseling-center/faculty-staff-resources.php
- Student Testimonials: http://www.stetson.edu/administration/counseling-center/testimonials.php