National Depression Screening Day®
Public Service Announcement Contest
Screening for Mental Health is seeking talented individuals to create an original public service announcement (PSA) to promote National Depression Screening Day®.
The winning entry will be awarded $500!
In addition to the cash prize, the winning PSA will be included in the 2014 CollegeResponse® National Depression Screening Day event kits that are distributed to hundreds of colleges across the country.
National Depression Screening Day serves to raise awareness about the signs and symptoms of depression as well as promote free, anonymous in-person and online screenings on college campuses.
National Depression Screening Day is held annually during Mental Illness Awareness Week each October.
The deadline to submit National Depression Screening Day PSA entries is
December 1, 2013
Watch the winning 2011 National Depression Screening Day PSA:
Watch other previous CollegeResponse PSA winners:
Requirements for National Depression Screening Day PSA entries:
- Accepted file types: .mov, .mpg, .mpeg, .avi, .flv, . wmv, or .m4v
- 30 seconds in length
- Educates college students about the signs and symptoms of depression
- Raises awareness about the prevalence of depression on college campuses
- Encourages students to take a free, anonymous depression screening
- Includes the following language "Take an anonymous depression screening at www.CollegeResponse.org"
Rules for Submission:
- Entries can be submitted between September 15, 2013 and December 1, 2013
- The contest is open to anyone 18 years old or older
- Submissions are open to individuals or groups
- The PSA must contain original content, legal images and creativity
- The PSA should not include graphic or explicit themes
- All participants must fill out a consent form
The winner will be announced on February 1, 2014 on this website.
Creative Guidelines FAQs Rules for Submission Consent Form