Mood and anxiety disorder screenings for your employees
More than Just the Blues: What Untreated Depression Looks Like in Workplace
- Decreased productivity
- Absenteeism, tardiness
- Increased errors, diminished work quality
- Procrastination, missed deadlines
- Withdrawal from coworkers
- Overly sensitive and/or emotional reactions
- Decreased interest in work
- Slowed thinking
- Difficulty learning and remembering
- Slow movement and actions
- Frequent comments about being tired all the time
While depression isn’t often talked about in the workplace, it is a hidden cost that is most likely affecting your company’s bottom line. Studies indicate that at least 10% of employees have depression, and on average, a depressed employee loses 32 workdays per year (Archives of Psychiatry, October 2007). This means a loss in productivity and increased absenteeism, disability leave and medical care that some experts believe cost employers an estimated $51 billion per year.
The WorkplaceResponse® National Depression Screening Day (NDSD) program educates employees about signs and symptoms of depression, PTSD, generalized anxiety disorder and bipolar disorder through online self-assessments. The primary goals of the program are to reduce stigma and increase help-seeking.
program provides your EAP or Human Resources Department with effective tools designed to educate your employees about mental health and the resources available to them.
NDSD online screening program includes:
- Easily accessible online screening page through a unique, custom, and secure SMH link embedded on your website.
- Dedicated welcome screen that may be co-branded with organization's logo.
- Immediate screening feedback for employees
- Customized referrals back to EAP or other company or community resources.
- Links to relevant mental health information and resources.
- Password-protected access to SMH's administration module to customize welcome and referral messages, generate on-demand screening reports, and to add demographic questions.
- Downloadable educational and promotional materials.
- Screenings available in English, Spanish, and Portuguese.
Learn about the online screening features or take a sample screening.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 781-239-0071 for more information and to register for the WorkplaceResponse® Screening Program.